Thursday, January 17, 2013

the flu and mortality/

I have been absent. I am one of the many who has had a bit of the flu - albeit a tiny speck of it - and now a tiny bit of a cold. It is more of an annoyance at this point since I am sinking into the writing of my new book pretty good now. Lots written and then chucked out.
"Does this have to be like the first book?"
"Can I even a write a book like that at this point? I am such a different person now..."
These are the thoughts running in my head. And then on Saturday, the flu.
The flu is pretty amazing. It reduces you to this primal state. I found myself having thoughts of my own mortality. Petrified my book would never be finished. I frantically tried to think of WHO on this planet could do it. I couldn't come up with one person. Not out of hubris or ego but just that I photographed everything - no one else can tell the stories!
So I got better. I was lucky, only a two and a half day flu. Now I have the sniffles which I just find so annoying! How dare they (those sniffles!), don't the know I have stuff to do?!?!
But at least you get a rambly blog post finally and some cuckoo images from Vienna. I can't even edit this properly... ah well. Nice to be back. Hope you all are keeping healthy!  xx



2 comments:

  1. Get well! I'm looking forward to seeing the new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Will! The book is coming along nicely! : )

      Delete