Thursday, February 16, 2012

humble objects/

I sometimes run across scenes like this, found in a stairwell, and feel a overwhelming surge of happiness. You are probably wondering why. Well,  I have a love of humble, utilitarian objects and seeing that ladder basking in a beautiful pool of light?  I just think that ladder deserves it! My mind goes to how much things like a ladder or can opener or a whatever (insert unglamorous object here), are important to making our everyday lives easier. This ladder is a workhorse and not beautiful in design so it is overlooked. But what would we do without it? So when I stumbled upon this scene all I could think was, how nice that the ladder gets to take a little nap in that beautiful pool of light! And how beautiful it looks with the light glinting off it like that. A beauty finally equal to its functionality.

2 comments: